A spa experience doesn’t just consist of the services offered. The ambiance is also just as important. From the moment a client steps into your spa, they should instantly feel relaxed and whisked away from outside worries. Creating the perfect spa environment is easy and cost-effective. Here are a few ideas on how to let your clients know they will be pampered and keep them coming back:
When creating ambiance think about the five senses: sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste.
- Upon entering your spa, the first sense to be impacted is sight. The client’s experience begins with what they see. Use neutral colors like white, tan, light blue, and lavender to create a calming environment. Avoid colors such as red that do not evoke a relaxing environment. Keep your space tidy with simple furniture, minimal patterns, and free of clutter. The type of lighting used in your spa can either create tranquility or rigidness. Dim lights will help set the tone for luxurious pampering. Never use bright fluorescent bulbs as this will create a harsh, institutional feel.
- After clients are inside, they should be greeted with soothing sounds to awaken their sense of hearing. This can be achieved by meditation sounds or nature sounds like babbling brooks and ocean waves. If you have the space, a fountain creating a natural waterfall sound is an excellent way to soothe clients.
- Filling your spa with relaxing scents such as lavender, eucalyptus and lemongrass will engage their sense of smell being careful to not overpower the scents by keeping them subtle.
- Before clients begin their massage or facial, the sense of touch begins with a warm massage table equipped with comfortable, clean and luxurious linens. Warm towels are a nice added touch.
- Treat your esthetician clients with a glass of fresh water infused with lemon and mint to satisfy their sense of taste.
Now that your ambiance is just right, order all your spa supplies from Fort Smith Medical & Janitorial Supply. Everything from lobby dust pans to facial sheets are available to order online or call, 800.632.7876.